The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is a statutory levy board, funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain to help the industry succeed in a rapidly changing world. We want to create a world-class food and farming industry, inspired by and competing with the best.
Our purpose is to make our agriculture and horticulture industries more competitive and sustainable through factual, evidence-based advice, information and activity:
• We manage extensive research and development programmes which are delivering scientifically robust and commercially useful outcomes for our levy payers
• We undertake efficient farm-level knowledge transfer programmes based on evidence, both from third-party science and our own R&D, aimed at improving efficiency, productivity and sustainability
• We provide unbiased, high-quality market information that helps business decision making and improves supply chain transparency
• We carry out export market development work and also domestic marketing activity to inspire and inform consumers in order to assist the economic viability of sectors which require this
• We raise awareness of food and where it comes from among school children and we help ensure the agriculture and horticulture industries are able to develop and attract workers with the skills they need
• We also ensure that proper account is taken of Government priorities for agriculture and the agri-food industry, where appropriate.